[Standards] Fwd: Meeting minutes 2010-02-15

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:29:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:

> 2) Pubsub.
> Votes outstanding from Dave, Matt, Ralph and Remko.
>
> Discussion about iq stanzas for delivery, how they don't give
> guaranteed delivery, and how XEP-0198 is a solution to the guaranteed
> delivery problem.
> Ralph -1 on the changes because of the iq issues.

There is no log of the discussion yet, isn't it? If so does anybody
has the log saved on the disk? I fear there is some misconception
about the use cases where <iq/>s are needed (basically: it's not about
reliability, but about having an immediate ack of delivery and XEP 198
does not solve this).

--
Fabio Forno,
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com