[Standards] IQ Pubsub again (was Re: Fwd: Meeting minutes 2010-02-15)

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 09:35:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Joe Hildebrand
<joe.hildebrand at webex.com> wrote:

> There are a myriad of ways the original IQ or the ack could get lost.  My
> point is that the response does not serve any value to the sender, since I
> don't believe there is anything useful to be done when the sender does not
> receive the ack.  Resending is almost always going to be wrong.

Why? The only really bad thing that I can see is a client dropping IQs
answers, but the service can do the right thing by using entity
capabilities and sending the notifications to only the clients can
understand them

--
Fabio Forno,
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com