[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0215 (External Service Discovery)

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 09:37:47 UTC 2010

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Or shall we expect the client to ask about services
> (e.g., TURN servers) only at the moment it is attempting to prepare
> candidates for a negotiation?

I think yes. Looking through my code I was thinking a little more about
shared secret allocation manner. Here are my points:

In the case of a shared secret per session, we have troubles with s2s
users, since there is no session in s2s and we don't know how to delete
stale shared secrets. So I think the easiest solution is to create a new
unique username/password pair per <credentials> requests (and thus per
single allocation), but this requires from a server to clean the secret
if the allocation was not created in meaningful amount of time (to avoid
credentials table overflow from rogue users) as well as clean the secret
after the corresponding allocation completes. I prefer this way because
it is easier to implement on a server side ;)
I have only the question to client implementors: is it possible to keep
a credentials per allocation and perform an allocation almost
immediately after <credentials> response, doesn't it introduce
implementation problems?

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.