[Standards] XEP-0047: IBB

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:03:02 UTC 2010

Just got some doubts having several compatibility issues with block
sizes in different implementations  (lampiro, some bots, pidgin). All
the specs say about it is this sentence: "The data to be sent, prior
to any wrapping in the <data/> element and IQ or message stanza, MUST
NOT be larger than the 'block-size' determined in the bytestream
negotiation."

There is no indication whether:
- the size is the one of the original data or the b64 encode one (for
implementations it would easier if it were the non-encoded data)
- if each block must be a valid b64 block, i.e. with padding at the
end (again for implementation it be easier this solution, since we
don't have to buffer incoming stanzas)