[Standards] XEP-0136 modifications

Yann Leboulanger asterix at lagaule.org
Tue Feb 23 22:13:13 UTC 2010

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 2/2/10 12:59 PM, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
>> The main problem I faced was that it is currently not possible to stop
>> archiving a conversation. The scenario is this one:
>> auto archiving is enabled. I start a conversation with a contact, so
>> it's archived. I start encrypting the conversation (GPG or E2E). Then it
>> becomes useless to archive messages. But currently the only way to do
>> that is to stop auto archiving for ALL contacts.
>
> Yann:
>
> 1. I agree that we need a way to stop archiving.

Cool

> 2. Thank you for the patch.

You're welcome

> 3. My apologies for the delay in replying.

No problem, There is no full server implementation for the moment anyway
AFAIK. Alexander is re-writing ejabberd module.

> One minor comment: I think XEP-0201 is a better reference for ThreadIDs
> (instead of XEP-0155).

Ok no pb, minor change.

> One larger concern: what is the interaction between scope="global" and
> the <default/> element? It seems to me that they might overlap (or that
> implementers might get confused). I think we need to be clear about how
> these two interact. Your answer might be: "Peter, you haven't read the
> patch carefully enough because we already answered that question." :)

<default> element specifies the default value if there is no <item> or
<session> element, and specify *what* server should log (body,
message...). <auto> element specifies *if* server should log or not.
It's a boolean value.

> Let's answer that question, apply the patch, and then have the Council
> decide about accepting the changes.

Does this answer suits you?

--
Yann