[Standards] Distributed chatrooms in PSYC

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Feb 26 00:48:45 UTC 2010

On 2/19/10 6:41 AM, Carlo v. Loesch wrote:
> Since both stpeter and Dave Cridland are asking us for an opinion,
> here it is. As it is about the distributedmuc proposed XEP, I'd
> rather discuss it here than in the MUC forum.

Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences -- they are very
helpful.

I want to make it clear at the start that the main driver for
distributed MUC is not the desire for an Internet-wide federation with
stable masters that have good connectivity and never get into trouble.
Instead, the people who want distributed MUC are mostly interested in
the problem of endpoints or slaves that lose connectivity to the broader
network because they are on distressed networks. That kind of scenario
might lead to very different assumptions and requirements. So we need to
think clearly about what we're trying to achieve before we go down the
path of designing something.

More later.

https://stpeter.im/