[Standards] Divergence between XEP-0048 and XEP-0223

Florian Zeitz florian.zeitz at gmx.de
Fri Feb 26 03:07:49 UTC 2010

Hi,
I noticed there is a difference between XEP-0048 Example 3 and XEP-0223
Example 1, which describe exactly the same process if I understand
correctly.
Examples in XEP-0223 don't wrap the bookmark in a <storage/> element.
It has recently been noted by someone in the Gajim's MUC that it would
be good to store one bookmark per item.
If you do this, it means that a <storage/> element would be unnecessary
overhead. OTOH if you also need to support Private XML Storage it means
you'd store quite different things in PubSub and in Private XML Storage.

So, while the XEPs should be harmonized I wonder which way we should go.
Either drop <storage/> and suggest storing one bookmark per <item/>,
store all bookmarks in one <item/>, or something completely different.

--
Florob