[Standards] XEP-0272: Muji

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Jan 15 23:12:49 UTC 2010

Here are a few comments on Muji (XEP-0272). It's an great concept but
rather underspecified at the moment. Hopefully we can change that. :)

1. Each participant "communicates which contents they are willing to
provide streams for". How? Is that sent via presence or discovered via
disco? Are all the supported encodings and such advertised via presence?

2. How are sessions initiated? Does the host send an IQ to each room
JID, or is the Jingle invite sent in a message? If the latter, via one
direct message to each room JID or via a groupchat message?

3. I don't see anything like a Muji session ID, as we have for normal
Jingle.

I'd be happy to help the authors add more detailed information to this
spec...

https://stpeter.im/