[Standards] upcoming XEP deferrals

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Sat Jan 30 08:56:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> A number of XEPs are due to be deferred in the next 4-5 weeks. Here is
> my take...

*sigh* I have not enough time right now to work on specifications :(
But here some comments on stuff I'm involved in somehow.

> 4. XEP-0247: Jingle XML Streams
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0247.html
>
> IMHO we don't need this one any longer, so it can lapse without issue.

Yes, the important stuff is part of the XTLS ID

> 5. XEP-0257: Client Certificate Management for SASL EXTERNAL
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0257.html
>
> I'll ping Dirk Meyer about this one.

Good question. There is an expired ID in this area I want to update if I
find some free time for it. So should I continue to update the ID even
though the XMPP WG does not have this topic on its agenda or should I
drop the ID and merge the changes back to the XEP? Right now the ID is
more up--to-date than the XEP.

Again, I hope to get some time to work on specs the next days. On my
list is an XTLS ID update, SASL EXTERNAL, improve XEP-0265, and some
comments and adjustments to Peter's latest XEP-0189 changes.

Dirk

--
I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use
than eating soup with a knife.