[Standards] Pubsub affiliations

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jun 9 16:45:25 UTC 2010

What does the panel think the behaviour of a client should be if it
encounters an affiliation it doesn't recognise?

Currently, we've recently added a publish-only affiliation, and I
know that Buddycloud have a moderator affiliation. It seems likely
that others will want to define affiliations as well.

There's probably some benefit in having methods to discover what the
actual permissions of these affiliations are, and possibly - as
discussed in the last Summit - some value in ways for clients to
define these.

But my initial query is just about the status quo - how do we handle
the creation of new affiliations in XEP-0060?

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/