[Standards] Pubsub affiliations

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:39:43 UTC 2010

On 10 June 2010 14:37, Tuomas Koski <koski.tuomas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

> Would it be completely stupid idea to take the strict "affiliations'
> privileges definition" out of the XEP and define a way to create
> custom affiliations, discover what the affiliation can do and how to
> handle the exceptions, etc?
>
> It's just an idea. What do you think?

It's a very good idea, and one we're very interested in (for pubsub,
MUC, and other things too). It was discussed at the summit and (I
think) Joe and Ralph were to work on a spec.

The current system is very inflexible, and there are lots of fun
things that could be done with a unified affiliation protocol (more
fun is always good).

Matthew