Kozlov Konstantin yagiza at yandex.ru
Wed Jun 16 18:47:58 UTC 2010

Different clients have different ways to determne if message is read by the user. For example, the client I'm developing right now has 2 absolutely disfferent ways. So, I think <read /> message is better way to determine that message is read by the user, than attempts to guess about it analysing chat states.
I think it's better to allow client to have an ability to notify other side that it suppose, that user read the message.