Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 18:55:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Kozlov Konstantin <yagiza at yandex.ru> wrote:
> On 06/16/2010 08:27 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> I think the following text makes it clear, though:
>> 'Specifically, the receiving entity shall return a  notice
>> if it has received and processed the message. The term "processed" is
>> understood to include presentation to a human user if appropriate or
>> any other application-specific client-side processing'
> The log, attached to the first message clearly says that even author of XEP-0184 do not agree with you, Kevin. So, why do you argue?

Well, because the way that the XEP is written reads quite clearly (to
me) that the message has to have been presented to the user, and given
that presented means displayed.

This suggests we need to sort out the wording to be unambiguous one
way or the other, and hopefully in such a way that Council agree with
the author on what it means the next time they vote :)

/K