[Standards] XEP-0060 1.13rc18

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Jun 21 20:20:37 UTC 2010

Per Council discussion in March [1] and May [2] and in an effort to get
version 1.13 of XEP-0060 published, I have updated the spec as follows:

(a) Removed IQ notifications
(b) Retained batch publishing
(c) Retained SubIDs on subscription approvals

The results are here:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0060-1.13.html

A diff from rc13 (before removing IQ notifications) is here:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0060/diff/1.13rc13/vs/1.13rc18

A diff from rc17 (before retaining batch publishing and SubIDs on
subscription approvals from 1.12) is here:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0060/diff/1.13rc17/vs/1.13rc18

These issues will be topics for discussion as we work on 1.14, but the
Council decided to push forward with 1.13 before tackling these issues.

Ralph, please review these changes to make sure that they address your
concerns!

/psa

[1] http://xmpp.org:5290/muc_log/muc.xmpp.org/council/100329/#13:39:34

[2] http://xmpp.org:5290/muc_log/muc.xmpp.org/council/100503/#13:06:18