[Standards] XEP-0136: comments about auto save and preferences

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:19:00 UTC 2010

On 13 June 2010 15:22, Steven te Brinke <s.tebrinke at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> Hello,

Hello!

Ignoring Guus's mobile's fascination with your message...

> When reading XEP-0136 I discovered some confusing properties. I will describe
> these and propose changes that make them more intuitive to me. I am not sure
> whether the things I propose are better than the official XEP, so let me know
> what you think about it.

Most of what you have said makes sense. A new version of XEP-0136 was
recently published, and the council have added a note about the
perceived complexity of the current spec, and that it could likely be
drastically simplified.

The XEP is currently being implemented server-side in Prosody for
Google Summer of Code - I expect some feedback to result from that,
and given the resulting client and server experience we should be able
to start banging this protocol into good shape at last.

Matthew