[Standards] XEP-0048 bookmarks

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 12:36:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Nicolas Vérité
<nicolas.verite at process-one.net> wrote:
> Clients:
> I believe most clients, if no all, support XEP-0049. I believe only a
> few clients support bookmarks over XEP-0223 (I don't know of any).
> Servers:
> I believe too few servers support PubSub. I believe none supports HTTP/WebDAV.

> Any best practice or hint? Or w're stuck on a historical XEP?

I think the sensible thing for clients to do is to use 223 if it's
available, and fall back to 49 if it's not. For servers, I think there
is merit in exposing the same data through both -49 and -223 for stuff
like this, where that's feasible.

I do agree that the bootstrapping problem here is unfortunate.

/K