[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0001 (XMPP Extension Protocols)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Mar 11 00:29:07 UTC 2010

On 3/10/10 5:22 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:

> In many places it says "XEP author" - is it recognised somewhere that
> XEPs may have multiple authors?

It becomes tedious to say "author or authors" in all instances, or, even
worse, "author(s)". Clearly we have existence proofs that XEPs can have
multiple authors. If folks find this confusing, we can add a sentence
about it. Section 4 does state:

"Any individual or group of individuals may author a proposal and submit
it to the XSF for consideration as a XEP, and there is no requirement
that a XEP author shall be an elected member of the XSF."

https://stpeter.im/