[Standards] NEW: XEP-0279 (Server IP Check)

Florian Zeitz florian.zeitz at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 16:20:42 UTC 2010

On 12.03.2010 16:36, thiagoc wrote:
> Dave,
> which part of "(Yes, we all know STUN is more reliable for UDP)." you
> did not understand? Did someone mention that this is meant for
> overcome STUN? If so, it is completely equivocated.
> Did we mentioned that it is meant for Public IP discovery?
>
> As Peter said, it is experimental.

Maybe I'm totally ignorant and haven't read carefully enough, but could
you answer the question what exactly this XEP IS meant for? I have seen
a lot of statements what it is not for and a lot of "STUN is more
reliable anyway", but why *exactly* do you want this XEP? I have a
suspicion this is not just "because we can", right?

--
Florob