[Standards] NEW: XEP-0279 (Server IP Check)

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Fri Mar 12 17:19:43 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 07:17:13 Dave Cridland wrote:
> All our current enterprise clients, however, run servers in the DMZ,
> and "see" the clients' internal addresses - this includes Isode's own
> deployment, actually.

Yes, this is a case I hadn't even thought of until a few months ago, and we
had to address it in the Barracuda XMPP server as well.  Instead of bundling
a STUN service with the product that customers could use on their own, STUN
always runs through us (stun.barracuda.com, hosted on the public Internet).
This way, client external IP addresses are correctly determined even if
clients are reaching the XMPP server via internal routing.

-Justin