[Standards] IQ Pubsub again (was Re: Fwd: Meeting minutes 2010-02-15)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Mar 31 03:54:51 UTC 2010

On 3/30/10 4:00 AM, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 22:57 -0700, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
>> On 3/29/10 3:50 PM, "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>>
>>> 1. A clearer description of the use cases that truly need IQ-based
>>> notifications.
>>>
>>> 2. An applicability statement that strongly discourages IQ-based
>>> notifications unless absolutely necessary.
>>
>> 3. A description of what you're going to do when you don't receive the
>> response.
>>

> Three fine points, indeed.
>
> I'm also wondering if we should move it to a separate specification
> altogether.

And ask those who care about it to write that spec. :)

In the meantime, I would say let's pull it out of v1.13 of XEP-0060 so
we can get that finished. I have a few small things to fix with regard
to redirects [1] but other than that I think it's ready to go.

/psa

[1] http://xmpp.org:5290/muc_log/muc.xmpp.org/council/100329/#13:39:34