[Standards] XEP-0079 Advanced Message Processing

Artur Hefczyc artur.hefczyc at tigase.org
Sat May 1 16:38:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am almost finishing implementation of this XEP.
Either I am wrong or there is a mistake in following XEP's examples:
7, 8 and 9 which show the server response to the user/client.

Let me take the example 7 as an example ;-)

Example 7. Alert Response

  <message from='hamlet.lit'
           to='bernardo at hamlet.lit/elsinore'
           id='chatty2'>
    <amp xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/amp'
         status='alert'
         from='francisco at hamlet.lit'
         to='bernardo at hamlet.lit/elsinore'>
      <rule action='alert' condition='deliver' value='stored'/>
    </amp>
  </message>

The incorrect part in my opinion is 'to' and 'from' attributes
in the message or/and in the amp element.
The alert is sent back to the original message sender ('bernardo at hamlet.lit/elsinore')
in the above example, therefore this JID should be placed in 'from' attribute in
amp element. Or I am wrong and misunderstood the XEP?

Artur
--
Artur Hefczyc
http://www.tigase.org/