[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Carbons

Joe Hildebrand joe.hildebrand at webex.com
Mon May 3 22:37:03 UTC 2010

On 5/3/10 2:14 PM, "Tory Patnoe" <tpatnoe at cisco.com> wrote:

> I don't think you need to combing Mine'ing in this. You already get the
> information in another client because you have the carbon's tag in the
> CC'ed message:

There are two cases where you don't want to beep/ding:

1) On my carboned outbound messages messages from other resources.  This one
is easy, as Tory points out.

2) On your forked inbound messages, where another resource is processing
this thread.  For this one, we also have enough information as long as the
sending client is doing resource locking.  When the to address is a full JID
where the resource is different from this one, the client doesn't beep.  If
the sending client is always sending to the bare JID, then we either have to
rely on mining or typing indicators for a hint that another resource is the
primary target.

--
Joe Hildebrand