[Standards] Microblogging structure

Thomas Baquet ld.blackfox at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 13:23:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was reading the xep-0277 (Microblogging over XMPP), when I was asking
myself if the structure used for reply is really interesting: if Mr. A
has subscribed to my µblog node but not the Mr. B's one, and if Mr. B
answered to me, it can be interesting for Mr. A to access to Mr. B's
answer. In this case, the system used by the xep is not efficient: the
reply notification will only be sent to me, not to Mr. A.
Then, why not making something like a notify-node where a new entry is
added when Mr. B post is own answer on his node. The entry added to my
node will just be a reference to Mr B's answer. Like this, he keeps
control of his published data, but everybody will be notified by this.

This system should be generalized for other kind of publications, like
blog articles, forums, etc.

--
Thomas Baquet (aka Lord Blackfox)

Jabber ID: ldblackfox at papaya.im