[Standards] Microblogging structure

Florent Le Coz louiz at louiz.org
Mon Nov 29 11:40:09 UTC 2010

On 11/27/2010 02:23 PM, Thomas Baquet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was reading the xep-0277 (Microblogging over XMPP), when I was
> asking myself if the structure used for reply is really interesting:
> if Mr. A has subscribed to my µblog node but not the Mr. B's one, and
> if Mr. B answered to me, it can be interesting for Mr. A to access to
> Mr. B's answer. In this case, the system used by the xep is not
> efficient: the reply notification will only be sent to me, not to Mr. A.
> Then, why not making something like a notify-node where a new entry is
> added when Mr. B post is own answer on his node. The entry added to my
> node will just be a reference to Mr B's answer. Like this, he keeps
> control of his published data, but everybody will be notified by this.
>
> This system should be generalized for other kind of publications, like
> blog articles, forums, etc.

Hi,

The problem you're pointing here is very similar to what I noted
earlier, see this previous thread:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2010-September/023817.html
See also the next posts, with responses to this problem.

By the way, Dave, did you come up with a solution? Would it help you if
I (and others) wrote a modified version of 0277. Because things didn't
move for a while, and I would appreciate that they did.

--
Florent