[Standards] XEP-0178 1.1rc3

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Apr 13 23:55:19 UTC 2011

On 4/12/11 1:16 PM, Philipp Hancke wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> FYI, I've finally updated the provisional version of XEP-0178, based on
>> list discussion from last October as well as the final versions of both
>> RFC 6120 and RFC 6125.
>>
>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0178-1.1.html
>>
>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0178/diff/1.1rc1/vs/1.1rc3
>>
>> (Not sure whether I ever checked in rc2, but I thought it was safer to
>> move from rc1 to rc3.)
>>
>> Feedback is welcome as always.
>
> s2s step 10 includes the authorization identity, whereas section 9.2.2.
> in the RFC includes an empty response.
> Unless we consider that a bug in the RFC we need some kind of handling
> for using the stream's from attribute in step 11 when the response is
> empty.

I think it depends.

As in XEP-0220, if the sending domain is authorizing as (e.g.) a
subdomain such as chat.sender.tld then wouldn't the originating server
specify that as an authorization identity? Or do we assume that the
'from' will always match the authorization identity, in which case it's
never necessary to include the authzid? I suppose the latter approach is
simpler...

https://stpeter.im/