[Standards] Multiple location sources in XEP-0080

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Apr 14 08:18:38 UTC 2011

I'm not just replying to this to out-delay Peter. I'd honestly not
noticed this one...

On Fri Apr  9 03:02:11 2010, Ilya Braude wrote:
> <geoloc xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/geoloc' xml:lang='en'>
>  <source>gps</source>
>  <provider>Geode</provider>
>  <lat>45.44</lat>
>  <lon>12.33</lon>
> </geoloc>

Should these be freeform text, or registered tokens?

The patch you attached somewhat suggests these are freeform text
fields, but ones that have a specific meaning, which I don't think is
a great combination.

I think this is reasonable fare for a registry, though.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/