[Standards] XEP-0220: handling of invalid dialback key

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Apr 15 16:10:12 UTC 2011

On Thu Apr 14 23:19:12 2011, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I'm still not convinced about forcing the receiving server to close
> the
> stream categorically, but I'll think about it further...

What about type='invalid' => close the stream, evil spoofing guy!

But define a type='error' that MAY be used by a receiving server to
say 'No, that one is wrong, but carry on with the others'.

Then the behaviour is variable (as PSA wants), but the variance is
signalled clearly in protocol.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/