[Standards] XEP-0220: handling of invalid dialback key

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 11:04:45 UTC 2011

On 16 April 2011 00:33, Curtis King <cking at mumbo.ca> wrote:

> On 2011-04-15, at 2:33 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:
>

>> FWIW Prosody doesn't implement dialback errors yet (who does, out of
>> interest?) but it's on my todo.
>
> M-Link does and has from day one, it is a SHOULD in the xep.

Remarkable, considering they weren't added to XEP-0220 until 2009 and
M-Link was released in 2008 :)

Perhaps you mean the type='error' response to a piggybacking attempt
when you don't implement piggybacking? Since Prosody supports incoming
piggybacking we have never needed this. I was pretty confident that
M-Link is the same here, actually.

I'm asking specifically about the newer type='error' that allows
inclusion of certain errors in lieu of fatal stream errors (
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0220.html#errors ). If M-Link supports
these today, that would be good to know so I can do some interop
testing.

Regards,
Matthew