[Standards] XEP-0220: handling of invalid dialback key

Curtis King cking at mumbo.ca
Sat Apr 16 19:20:48 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-16, at 4:04 AM, Matthew Wild wrote:

> On 16 April 2011 00:33, Curtis King <cking at mumbo.ca> wrote:
>>
>> On 2011-04-15, at 2:33 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:
>>

>>> FWIW Prosody doesn't implement dialback errors yet (who does, out of
>>> interest?) but it's on my todo.
>>
>> M-Link does and has from day one, it is a SHOULD in the xep.
>>

> Remarkable, considering they weren't added to XEP-0220 until 2009 and
> M-Link was released in 2008 :)

Correct, I didn't annotate the code to see when its was committed. Dave added support for daliback errors at the end of last year which now seems like it was 2008.

> Perhaps you mean the type='error' response to a piggybacking attempt
> when you don't implement piggybacking?

Please don't guess what I mean as that never ends well :-)

I meant mlink 15.0 supports dailback errors.

> Since Prosody supports incoming
> piggybacking we have never needed this. I was pretty confident that
> M-Link is the same here, actually.
>
> I'm asking specifically about the newer type='error' that allows
> inclusion of certain errors in lieu of fatal stream errors (
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0220.html#errors ). If M-Link supports
> these today, that would be good to know so I can do some interop
> testing.

We can arrange for interop testing once 15.0 is release which will be soon.

ck