[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: JSON Content Type support

Florian Zeitz florian.zeitz at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 15:59:30 UTC 2011

Am 20.04.2011 17:35, schrieb XMPP Extensions Editor:

> Title: JSON Content Type support
>
> Abstract: This specification defines JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) use in XMPP service.

> The XMPP Council will decide at its next meeting whether to accept this proposal as an official XEP.

Initial reaction (okay, not intial. The one after I got over the
"Someone tried a XML2JSON mapping" shock):

As far as I can tell if you have something like:
<tag>
  <tag2 attr="a">a</tag2>
  <tag2 attr="b">b</tag2>
</tag>
you can not tell which attribute value belongs to which text value once
converted to JSON. Please tell me I'm wrong :)

--
Florian Zeitz