[Standards] XEP-0220: handling of invalid dialback key

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Apr 26 16:24:47 UTC 2011

On Sat Apr 16 20:20:48 2011, Curtis King wrote:

> On 2011-04-16, at 4:04 AM, Matthew Wild wrote:

> out of
> >>
> >> M-Link does and has from day one, it is a SHOULD in the xep.
> >>

> > Remarkable, considering they weren't added to XEP-0220 until 2009
> and
> > M-Link was released in 2008 :)
>
> Correct, I didn't annotate the code to see when its was committed.
> Dave added support for daliback errors at the end of last year
> which now seems like it was 2008.

I think I added them after doing some ad-hoc interop testing after
the last XSF Interop event, back in December. And yes, this does
indeed feel like a long time ago. :-)

> > Since Prosody supports incoming
> > piggybacking we have never needed this. I was pretty confident
> that
> > M-Link is the same here, actually.
> >
> > I'm asking specifically about the newer type='error' that allows
> > inclusion of certain errors in lieu of fatal stream errors (
> > http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0220.html#errors ). If M-Link
> supports
> > these today, that would be good to know so I can do some interop
> > testing.
>
> We can arrange for interop testing once 15.0 is release which will
> be soon.

I *think* that Psyched (sp?) supports them too.

Maybe we could make it a subject of the next XSF Interop we do? I'm
sure we must be due one by now.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/