[Standards] XEP-0178 1.1rc3

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Apr 26 20:01:59 UTC 2011

On 4/26/11 1:05 AM, Philipp Hancke wrote:
>> BTW, I checked over 1.1rc5 and found a few typos and infelicities, so
>> I've checked 1.1rc6 into git:
>>
>> http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0178/diff/1.1rc5/vs/1.1rc6
>
> That obviously does not document what is currently happening "on the
> wire"...

I find that statement puzzling, since in the XMPP Council meeting last
week you said:

[15:35:07] <fippo> stpeter: +1 @ 0178

http://xmpp.org:5290/muc_log/muc.xmpp.org/council/110420/#15:35:07

Did you mean "+1 is looks fine" or "+1 we need to discuss that at the
next meeting"?

> Do we need a note stating that the authorization id in the current
> version contains a spurious newline?
> Y29uZmVyZW5jZS5leGFtcGxlLm9yZwo= is 'conference.example.org\n'
> I have not seen this in any implementation, so maybe developers are
> smart enough to do the right thing.

I generated that using this command:

  echo -n 'conference.example.com' | openssl enc -base64

I wasn't aware the command would add an extraneous newline.

https://stpeter.im/