[Standards] RFC vs privacy lists

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu Apr 28 12:12:01 UTC 2011

> I thought we had established "incoming" means incoming from the client's
> POV.

Right, i actually meant the whole chain, up to and including the
server part (up to the stanza router).
It doesn't make sense to filter out stanzas from your own server (not
talking about the ones from other users on your server). But the XEP
could use some more specification of what "incoming" really is to
avoid this problem of shooting yourself in the foot.

But anyway, as Dave mentioned, there's a reason why this XEP was
pulled out of the RFC, and why there are XEPs that supersede the
functionality of this one. I would stay away from privacy lists ;-)

cheers,
Remko