[Standards] XEP-0198 status

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jan 12 20:26:52 UTC 2011

That seems mostly reasonable to me. I see a possible edge case if the
reconnecion address (ip:port or host:port or whatever) isn't actually
there by the time the initiating entity tries to reconnect, i.e., the
server tells me the reconnection address and a few days later when my
session dies I finally try to reconnect but the address that the server
*thought* was going to work a few days ago isn't so much alive anymore.
Do we need to worry about that? If so, does the initiating entity just
follow the rules from 3920bis regarding the connection process? (See for
instance the rules for <see-other-host/> in 3920bis...)