[Standards] DEFERRED: XEP-0253 (PubSub Chaining)

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 22:01:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
> Version 0.2 of XEP-0253 (PubSub Chaining) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This specification defines a method for chaining pubsub nodes together, resulting in lightweight repeaters for pubsub notifications.
>
> Changelog: Specifed protocol flow for the chained subscription. (psa)

Good opportunity to discuss about an update ;) In the federated
channels mailing list we have just discussed about using node chaining
for a  more efficient distribution of items between different servers.
There is only one feature missing: the remote node should know which
are the real subscribers in order to show the participants of the
channel to the other subscribers. Imho the best solution is to tell it
when we subscribe, using a child element of subscribe:

<iq type='set'
    from='weatherbot at consumer.tld/Chicagoland'
    to='notify.weather.tld'
    id='sub1'>