[Standards] On PUB/SUB off-line event notification process

Kaiduan Xie kaiduanx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:21:05 UTC 2011

Hi, all,

I am relatively new to XMPP world, and have a real problem to be
addressed. The problem is, user subscribes to a particular event, when
the event happens, system delivers an event notification to the
interested users as soon as possible. This is a classical PUB/SUB
system. One thing we need to consider is that the user may not stay
connected all the time, for example he steps out of wireless coverage.
We need to hold the event notification, and when the user becomes
connected again, system delivers the event notification to the user.
Base on my understanding, PUB/SUB does not define how to process
off-line event notification, is there any extension covering this
scenario? Any pointer is appreciated.

Thanks for help,

/Kaiduan