[Standards] Which XEP does define the presence information?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jan 26 12:32:47 UTC 2011

On Wed Jan 26 11:51:12 2011, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, I would like to know which XEP(s) defines the exact format of
> the
> presence information a client sends to the server. I mean the
> online/busy/away/etc status, the mod, the text note and so on.

<show/> - the busy/away/xa and <status/>, the text string, are
defined in RFC 3921 and 3921bis, as is <priority/>.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-3921bis-20#section-4.7.2

However, the actual meanings of the various <show/> are only
described in very high levels; for instance it's not clear whether
"dnd" actually means "I'm busy, do not disturb me", or "My client is
set not to disturb me" - the latter being interesting for a phone set
on silent, for example.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/