[Standards] Which XEP does define the presence information?

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 18:48:31 UTC 2011

On 26/01/11 12:32, Dave Cridland wrote:
> However, the actual meanings of the various <show/> are only described
> in very high levels; for instance it's not clear whether "dnd" actually
> means "I'm busy, do not disturb me", or "My client is set not to disturb
> me" - the latter being interesting for a phone set on silent, for example.

For what it's worth, Gnome Shell—the new Javascript-and-GL window
manager/panel/launcher hotness in Gnome 3—is going to conflate these
two: there's a menu in which you can set your ‘desktop presence’, and if
you set it to busy (as opposed to available), all application sounds are
muted, mail/IM/Twitter/etc. notifications become less invasive, and your
IM status is set to Busy. (Or that's the theory.)

So, it's not just phones. :)

--
Will