[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0277 (Microblogging over XMPP)

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:39:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Sergey Dobrov <binary at jrudevels.org> wrote:

> > some files. But I never heard of the XEP-0135, will read it as soon as
> > possible. Anyway, by looking at it quickly, it gives me some ideas about
> > how we could manage photo albums/file albums to extend XMPP social
> > features!
> > 1. In the microblogging XEP we wanted to define a simple way to share
>

> But, again, this protocol doesn't clarify the way to upload files to the
> filehosting service. I mean, that's ok to use SI protocol to do that but
> how to specify a path to upload file to?

This feels like feature bloat.  Uploading files such as photos, music, etc
can be done with other XMPP extensions, trying to add every social
networking feature we can think of to microblogging will only delay its
standardization.

We're playing catchup on this to status.net and the PubSubHubHub
microblogging protocols being pushed by other groups.