[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0277 (Microblogging over XMPP)

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Fri Jun 3 12:36:12 UTC 2011

Other remarks about new revision of the XEP-277:
1. Moving a text of post to a <content> item is fine but Atom's entry
MUST contain at least one <title> element. I suggest to put to the
<title> element plain text version of content truncated to 140 chars. (I
already have it in my implementation)
2. Why to use <source> element in posts where it contains only <author>
element? I think that it would be better to move it in examples directly
to an entry element:
<entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <author>
    <name>Sergey Dobrov</name>
    <uri>xmpp:binary at jrudevels.org</uri>
  </author>
  <title>My post</title>
  <content type="text">My post</content>
</entry>

Obviously, implementations should parse both variants of placement of
atom:author but I think that we should suggest the simplest variant in
our examples.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,