[Standards] hash agility in file transfer

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu Jun 16 07:58:27 UTC 2011

> "I support Jingle FT with universal hashing, and I support Foo with
> universal hashing, and the hashes I support are X, Y, and Z, with a
> preference for Z."
>
> Or do we want to say:
>
> "I support Jingle FT with hashes X, Y, and Z. I support Foo with Y, and Z."

I think 99% will want to say 1, but I think we have to go with 2 in
case someone doesn't. Ash I think that supporting 2 is enough, no? (1
would only be convenience, but it's easy enough to programatically add
all hashes you support for every feature that supports hashes?)

And as element names: the IANA hash names are all upper case, right?
Can we get by by agreeing we use the lowercase version of the IANA
names as element names?

cheers,
Remko