[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0266 (Codecs for Jingle Audio)
dmex04 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:26:34 UTC 2011
Opus should not be listed until such time as its patent doubts are resolved
and its format has been formally finalized, doing otherwise is stupidity at
Can anyone actually support its inclusion in the RFC at this time?
From: standards-bounces at xmpp.org [mailto:standards-bounces at xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of XMPP Extensions Editor
Sent: Friday, 17 June 2011 12:25 AM
To: standards at xmpp.org
Subject: [Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0266 (Codecs for Jingle Audio)
This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0266
(Codecs for Jingle Audio).
Abstract: This document describes implementation considerations related to
audio codecs for use in Jingle RTP sessions.
This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your
feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or
to clarify an existing protocol?
2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and
3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why
4. Do you have any security concerns related to this specification?
5. Is the specification accurate and clearly written?
Your feedback is appreciated!
More information about the Standards