[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0266 (Codecs for Jingle Audio)

Florian Zeitz florian.zeitz at gmx.de
Fri Jun 17 09:24:36 UTC 2011

Am 17.06.2011 04:44, schrieb dmex:
> Q: What is the most annoying behavior on email discussion lists?
>
> A: People who don't contribute to the discussion like the Executive Director? ;)

You did of course read his not top-posted contribution to the
discussion, right?

> Am I emailing play school? One of these things is not like the others, one of these things does not belong.

I doubt being condescending will get you anywhere...

> A codec that has patent issues and not finalized is something that does not belong. End of story.
>
> Do I really need to list reasons why this having this codec listed on this document is a bad idea?

That would be a good start since apparently at least one person on this
list disagrees with your assessment.

And just to have "contributed" something to the discussion:
I personally don't care if Opus is in the XEP if it is in the current
form (clearly stating the situation on IPR issues), but I think it's
somewhat strange to include information on something that is still very
much in flux.

--
Florian Zeitz