[Standards] RTT, take 2

Mark Rejhon markybox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 03:05:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Simon McVittie <
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> IMO you should either count Unicode codepoints (the underlying data model),

I've decided on this. Any objections?

I think I will make a very minor change to the spec to fit the underlying
data model.
(Essentially, XMPP RTT behaves like a standard for editing an array of
32-bit integers)

It simplifies terminology in the spec. It makes interop with China a little
harder in programming languages using 16-bit Unicode.  Perhaps about twenty
lines of extra code: A couple of extra functions.  One function for
calculating modified offsets, another for calculating modified lengths.   It
does, however, make programming in 32-bit Unicode easier -- just use native
UCS4 string functions.

Any objections to this minor change to the XMPP RTT specification?
I'd modify the "Internationalization" section, to reflect this, too.

Sincerely,
Mark Rejhon