[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0220 (Server Dialback)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Thu Jun 30 19:28:06 UTC 2011

Am 18.05.2011 18:19, schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:
> On 5/18/11 12:58 AM, Philipp Hancke wrote:
>>> Version 0.10 of XEP-0220 (Server Dialback) has been released.
>>
>> For the record:
>> I disapprove this version because it still contains "serious bugs"
>> (example 7)
>
> You are right that example 7 has a copy and paste error...

So serious bugs degrade to "copy and paste error" when you no longer
need them to support your argument for a rewrite? Interesting.

You have also introduced yet another copy and paste mistake in the most
recent version:

Example 18. Stream Features With <errors/> Element

does not show the <errors/> any more and additionally

<stream:features>
   <dialback xmlns='urn:xmpp:features:dialback:1'>
</stream:features>
is not valid xml.

And sorry for using this bad word again, but isn't it ridiculous to
publish a new version with a debatable change and then not to do
anything for weeks?

What would have happened if anyone actually implemented this would-be
way of advertising support for dialback errors?

Are you waiting for someone to implement your version so you can claim
"running code"?