[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0261 (Jingle In-Band Bytestreams Transport Method)
XMPP Extensions Editor
editor at xmpp.org
Thu Mar 10 21:32:29 UTC 2011
This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0261 (Jingle In-Band Bytestreams Transport Method).
Abstract: This specification defines a Jingle transport method that results in sending data via the In-Band Bytestreams (IBB) protocol defined in XEP-0047. Essentially this transport method reuses XEP-0047 semantics for sending the data and defines native Jingle methods for starting and ending an IBB session.
This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2011-03-31.
Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?
3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
4. Do you have any security concerns related to this specification?
5. Is the specification accurate and clearly written?
Your feedback is appreciated!
More information about the Standards