[Standards] Redirects in BOSH

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Tue May 10 06:45:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Evgeniy Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com>wrote:

> How that could be done by XMPP??? We don't even have <see-other-host/>
> supported in the majority of clients even though that's XMPP core stuff. New
> XEP will not change things: client developers just don't care about
> scalability.

You don't have support for it in BOSH, either, so either way it'd be
introducing a new feature that wouldn't be well-supported for a long time.

(If you think there are scalability issues, it would be more useful to
discuss them, rather than talking about features in isolation.  Scaling XMPP
seems straightforward: load-balance the XMPP/BOSH front ends via DNS or any
other mechanism, and handle message routing behind the scenes.  Exposing
that to the front-ends seems unnecessary, and just introduces ways for
things to go wrong.)

--
Glenn Maynard