[Standards] Redirects in BOSH

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Tue May 10 07:33:12 UTC 2011

10.05.2011 17:21, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:10 AM, Evgeniy Khramtsov<xramtsov at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> New feature wouldn't be supported at all, as practice shown: there were XEP
>> about sessions handoffs, now, who can recall it's number?
>>
> Doing it in BOSH would also be a new feature.

It is pretty possible to make this feature backward compatible: if you
don't see Cookie in a packet, you route that packet internally.

>> Such scaling is not a way to go: balancing doesn't help you to much until
>> you have too many *shared* data across a cluster. A good approach is taken
>> by SIP folks: they put some pieces of state in packets using record-routing
>> technics and this works very good.
>>

> I disagree, but I don't have time right now to get into a long discussion
> about it.  If anyone else wants to, feel free...

Of course, there are always someone who agrees and disagrees: it's a
matter of choice and we need to provide it. If you don't need it you
don't use it, that's simple.

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.