[Standards] pubsub item count

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Tue May 10 19:57:22 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 02:44 AM, Justin Karneges wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:57:19 AM Sergey Dobrov wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem there is that you cannot track updates to the count without
>>> polling.
>>
>> Every event adds to the count one, am I wrong? :)
>
> Ah, so perform the query after an event happens?  I guess that would work.
Why? Query once, increment at each event. Select count of items to often
can be very inefficient, I think. The only problem that I see is that
pubsub (not PEP) service will not send notifications to each resource,
only to resource with highest priority but this is the problem for other
level of discussion.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,