[Standards] XEP-277 (microblogging) inaccuracies

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Wed May 11 11:25:52 UTC 2011

I don't agree that we should use standard node configuration for
microblogs nodes. That's my suggestions:

For microblog node itself:
1. We should change "pubsub#notify_retract" to true to track removed
items to remove them from UI.
2. Change "pubsub#max_items" to some reasonable value (for example,
ejabberd's default configuration defaults it to 10 which is too small
for persistent blog storage)
3. "pubsub#send_last_published_item" for PEP defaults to
"on_sub_and_presence" which is bad for microblog node because we don't
need to receive last item on each login bacause of the nature of a blog.
So I suggest to change it to "never".

For replies node:
1. We should change "pubsub#notify_retract" to true to track removed
items to remove them from UI.
2. Change "pubsub#max_items" to some reasonable value (for example,
ejabberd's default configuration defaults it to 10 which is too small
for persistent blog storage)
3. Change "pubsub#access_model" to "open" to allow any user to comment
to a post. (Or restrict this property in accordance to user's settings)

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,